Thursday, December 07, 2006

Just Tired

Today, I was a really bad teacher. I was just so tired. Last night, I literally passed out on my bed after getting home from my graduate course. When I awoke, it was 2:20am, I was still dressed and all the lights were on.

I was still really tired this morning and had a hard time putting together an exciting lesson for the day, so was forced to settle for mediocrity in the crunch for time. I knew it was a bad lesson when my best student (out of all three classes) asked me during class, "Mr. Wilson, what is it that you are trying to teach us?"

I soldiered through today, but then had to also get through a meeting after school. We actually ended this meeting early today, so that put me in a better mood.

Then, I helped my roommate Danny pick up his new digital piano from the music store. It is a Hannakuh present from his parents and is quite an addition to our house. Danny is quite the talented musician and plays perhaps the greatest rendition of A Whole New World this side of the Mississippi!

I know that Winter Break is only a week and four days away now, but it seems like forever. I'm actually not wanting it to get here any quicker, due to the fact that my students have their next Science benchmark exam the Monday before we leave. I'm really wanting to see some big improvements from our last overall average of 55%, but I'm not sure if it will be realized. I don't want the days to pass by until the break, I just want to stop feeling so tired all the time.

Now I'm going to go enjoy the yuletide melodies echoing from the living room!

No comments: