Tuesday, January 09, 2007

A Great Break, A Renewed Outlook

Well, the break came and now it is past.

I had a great time at home though. I had the chance to catch up with many friends and spend lots of time at the house, which was great. It was just nice not to have to be up at the crack of dawn, ready to face my kids. I thoroughly enjoyed the break and the time it afforded me to really reflect on what it is I'm doing and the reasons why.

Over the break, several things really stood out...

1) Twin Sister

I was very happy that I was able to spend time with Adrienne, even if it was only a few days. This picture is in our front yard on Christmas Day.

2) Richard B. Russell

He was one the longest serving US Senators ever, but was first Speaker of the Georgia House and then Georgia Governor prior to his service in DC, and his biography was my reading material over the break. Such a brilliant, passionate man, and a wonderful story!

3) Chick-fil-A Bowl... DAWGS WIN!

And I was there! One of my friends won tickets and so generously gave them to me. So, Laura Waters and I trekked to the Dome of ATL and had such a fun night cheering on the bulldogs! We never thought after the first quarter that we'd be going home winners, but that's the bowl season for you!

No comments: