Monday, July 24, 2006

The Best News Ever

Today I began Teach For America*Houston Orientation. All this week, we'll be learning specifically about standards and practices for the Houston school districts and how that traslates to the work we will do in our classrooms.

I also discovered today something that I am absolutely fascinated by... some news involving one of my roommates. I found out today that Danny (from Chicago, mathematics major at Purdue) scored a whopping 180 on the LSAT. Not a 180 out of a 200, but a 180 out of a 180! He made a perfect score on the Law School Admissions Test! He's already been admitted to Harvard Law, where he will attend after finishing his two years with Teach For America.

This is amazing! Could it be possible that I have, living down the hall from me, in my very house, a living, breathing person who scored a perfect 180 on the very test that I will prepping for in order to take next summer?! Needless to say, I'm pretty excited about the opportunity to get some help from a proven success story when the time comes.

No comments: