Wednesday, November 01, 2006

November Already?

Is it really November already? Has it already been 3 months on the front line? I tried to think back today to my first day in front of my Miller 6th graders and I had a hard time remembering back that far. It seems that I live my life in weeks so much so now that I can't remember events that occurred 3 months ago.

I can remember summer school though. Second grade was a cake walk compared to sixth. I had it so easy then and never realized it. It's not so bad now though. I've settled into weekly and daily routines that help me to minimize the work and stress I bring home each night. So, basically I've transitioned into the real world.

Two weeks left until I fly home for Thanksgiving. Can't wait to see everyone again and actually get to take some time to enjoy home - not having to worry about grading papers or lesson planning, though I'm sure a little of both will be going on.

As I was grading the Science tests from last week, it seems my students didn't do as poorly as I had originally thought. They did pretty well with physical and chemical changes, and after spending two days this week re-teaching the material, I feel pretty confident they will nail the test this week.

Now if I can just get through Thursday...

By the way, I lost two students and gained two new students today. New vocabulary word for next week - "revolving door."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yes dear - it's November already - the calendar is giving this law student heart palpitations - please keep all references to the calendar to minimum!

Otherwise - I'm glad you get a break at Thanksgiving. Feel free to over and help me outline!

Talk to you soon,
Donyale