Tuesday, March 04, 2008

Texas Two Step

Texas is a unique state in many ways, not the least of which is presented in its combined Democratic primary and caucus system. But, for someone who is not from a caucus-state and might never have the opportunity to participate in a caucus again, tonight was pretty interesting.

I early voted last week and returned tonight for the caucus. It was an interesting event, completely led by citizens. I must admit, citizens aren't that organized. The teacher in me wanted to take over at several points and restore order, but it didn't last that long (about an hour and a half).

During the caucus, I was elected a precinct delegate, which means I'll be attending our county convention, which will select delegates for the state convention, which selects delegates for the Democratic National Convention.

I'll keep you updated.

No comments: