Thursday, August 24, 2006

Evangelical Parents?

So, two posts in one night is a bit extreme, but trust me - you want to read this one.

Anna Lee, my "Southern" friend from UVA, is working at Cafe Artiste with me. She's making several parent phone calls regarding disruptive students.

On her third call, she stumbled into quiet an interesting conversation.

"Hello?"

Anna: "Hi, may I please speak with Mrs. Rodriguez?"

"First, let me ask you about your relationship with Jesus Christ. How is it?"

Anna: "Excuse me? This is Anna Lee - (so-and-so)'s teacher. Is Mrs. Rodriguez home?"

"She's out right now, but do you consider yourself a Christian?"

Anna: "I'm sorry; are you related to (student so-and-so)?"

"Do you consider yourself a follower of the Lord Jesus Christ?"

"Ok, well, um, can you please just tell Mrs. Rodriguez that, um, I called to talk about her child's behavior and that I'll call back tomorrow?"

"Okay, God bless."


Not quite the conversation you expect when you make a parent phone call. Funny - it's just plain funny!

No comments: