Monday, August 21, 2006

Brain Dead

**Editor's Note: I took a brief hiatus, but I'm back and blogging better than ever. Read on my friends; I promise to do a better job of staying up-to-date.**

So, I had my first full day today. I have to admit that I'm in over my head right now. My lesson plans for the week are flimsy at best and I really have no idea what I'm doing.

I won't say that I'm having second thoughts, but I'm just realizing how incredibly hard these next two years are going to be. I know it's worth it, it's just hard when I'm so mentally tired all the time. Every night I have about 4-5 hours at home and have to spend them all working, so it's like I never get a break. Considering that I have been in Houston since the beginning of June, my brain feels like I've been going non-stop this whole time. I should have gone back to Georgia for a weekend or something. Thank God the Ole Miss game is coming up soon.

On a positive note, my students are all really smart and appear to work hard in class. I have a few rowdy troublemakers, but I can handle just a few.

Back to lesson planning...

No comments: