Thursday, August 02, 2007

Vacation Time in VA and DC


I left Atlanta and headed straight to Washington DC to meet up with many friends who are spending their summer interning/working inside the Beltway.

It was a lot of fun getting to see Danny (roommate), Raj (best friend from college), and Ellie (friend from TFA Houston). Anna also showed me around UVA - very much like Athens, only a lot smaller and possibly more white.

The catch was getting home, however.

Anna and I were supposed to fly back to Houston late Sunday night. But due to weather in DC, our flight was canceled. Anna and I spent the next two days talking with AirTran officials via phone and in-person at the airport trying to get a flight back home. We were lucky that Anna lives in Virginia and we didn't have to pay for a hotel room. AirTran was definitely not user-friendly.

The good news is that it kind of forced me to have a vacation - I couldn't go anywhere! I enjoyed Virginia a lot, especially the cool weather.

However, we all know Virginia will never be Georgia. Sorry Anna.

No comments: