Sunday, October 01, 2006

Delta Weekend

This weekend was a blast - and was just what I needed to recharge my batteries.

I took Friday off and spent the day driving to Leland, MS (home to Missy) with Serafin. We got there about 6pm, just in time to catch Missy at the Leland football game. Once the game was over, we made the trek to Helena, AR (about an hour and a half) to spend the night with Amanda. Amanda had some other college friends staying with her also, so her house was hopping.

We slept in till about 11am Saturday and awoke to an amazing breakfast feast that Amanda had homemade. Nothing makes a weekend better than some homemade bisquits and grits.

We headed over to Oxford and got there about 1pm, and setup our tailgate in "the Grove." The Grove is a huge quad that everyone tailgates on. It's really neat to have everyone in the same place. I enjoyed walking around and seeing so many of my Georgia friends. Of course, walking around with Missy was like having a movie-star as a best friend, but I still enjoyed it.

Speaking of celebrities, we actually had Cooper Manning at our tailgate! He was just walking around and saw our TV and so stopped to ask about the Florida game. As he was leaving, it donned on us who he was. Needless to say, Amanda was in histerics, being so close to achieving her life's goal of marrying into the Manning family.

The game had me worried, but we pulled it out in the end. I don't know why we keep stumbling with these unranked teams. It's like we get cocky and then just trip all over ourselves. Let's hope we pull things together for No.13 Tennessee this week.

Serafin had to catch a 4pm flight to New York to interview Wendy Kopp, so that meant we had to leave the game about 15 mins early and start the journey back home--all 9.5 hours of it! At first it wasn't so bad. Thank goodness for Red Bulls, otherwise those last 4 hours would have been impossible.

Now I'm back home, refreshed and recharged. Which is a good thing, because I just found out that our teacher call-in program never registered my absence and therefore never called a sub for me. So, my classes were split among the other 6th-grade teachers. This means things tomorrow are going to be very interesting.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello. My name is Kelli Lehman. I met your county agent from Georgia last week at a conference. She just raved about you. I would like to meet with you sometime about getting a 4-H club / leadership program going in your calss and or school. We were in the Alief ISD in the past and feel like we have had a good working realtionship.

Let me know if you get this and when we might could meet.

Looking forward to hearing from you.


Kelli Lehman
CEA - UYD
Texas Cooperative Extension - Harris County
3033 Bear Creek Drive
Houston, Texas 77084
281-855-5621
281-855-5638 fax
KLehman@ag.tamu.edu