Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Sick Day 2

Today I'm feeling a lot better. Granted, I panicked a little when I woke up at 9:30am and momentarily forgot I took the day off.

My voice is definitely coming back and should be back to 90% by tomorrow. The meds I've been taking have definitely made a difference. I felt so good today that I decided to go run a few errands. As I began driving, I realized that although I wasn't tired, my brain seemed to be running sluggishly. After a little bit, I recalled the doctor saying to me not to do anything that involved mental alertness after taking the medicine he gave me. Hmmmm.... driving must be on that list. I cut my errands short and went home from the bookstore.

I stumbled into quite a good deal at Borders today. I was wanting to buy a new book with what was left of a graduation gift card. I took a long time before finally deciding on "Second Acts," a book about presidential life post-White House. It was a little over what I had left on the gift card, but hey, why not splurge a little, eh?

Once I got to the checkout counter, I was asked if I was ever a teacher. Well, yes. Turns out, I got a 25% discount - just for being a teacher! How awesome is that!

Once I got home, it donned on me. I wonder if the discount will work on a DVD boxed set... say West Wing?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

matthew wilson, I'm very disappointed that I didn't get to hang out with you this weekend. hope you're feeling better, though! love, molly

Anonymous said...

Matt, feel better and I am glad that you did not get caught in the bad weather. And yes, if you tell them its for your room you can get the DVD discounted.
Moogie