Monday, October 16, 2006

General Update

Now, for a more-generalized update.

1) Master's Degree - I've been considering the past few weeks staying for a third year in Houston, in order to earn a Master's of Education degree from the University of Houston. I keep going back and forth on this. On one hand, I really like the idea of spending another year exploring big issues in educational policy. On the other hand, knowing that I am headed to law school, I don't really need a Master's degree. And another year in Houston, is another year standing between me and being a lawyer.

I don't have to have a decision until the end of the year, so I have plenty of time to weigh the pros and cons.

2) Dogs Fall - I went home this weekend for Homecoming and while I had so much fun catching up with all my friends and advisors from college, Saturday was depressing. The fact that we, the Georgia Bulldogs, allowed a win to Vanderbilt - VANDERBILT - is just sad. We've only allowed a win 3 different times (in 26 years!) and the last one was 12 years ago. That's also the last time we lost a Homecoming game.

Wow - this is bad. Our season is all but over. This loss, coupled with Thomas Brown's season-ending knee injury and a host of others, we're done for.

3) Athens - Despite Saturday, I had the most fun I've had in a while. It was so great to have the time to catch up with Raj and Casey, Laurie and Laura. I also got to spend some time with Ashley on the drive from Hartsfield to Athens. I also had the chance to catch up with several of my advisors at Georgia, which provided much-needed inspiration and motivation.
All in all, it was a great weekend.

The one bad thing (number 2 above as an aside) was this illness that I've gotten, most likely from going from 87-degree Houston to 62-degree Athens all weekend. I'm starting to feel better already though, thanks to being able to sleep in until 10:30 this morning.

No comments: