Thursday, October 26, 2006

NOLA-bound

It's Thursday night, which means it will be Friday in a few hours. And that means that I'll be on the way to New Orleans very soon. Brian's birthday was Tuesday, so a while back all my roommates decided to go to New Orleans for the weekend to treat Brian to the Saints-Ravens game (Brian's from Baltimore).

Today was a little out of control in my third block. I blame it on the rain. We've had a lot lately, and it doesn't bode well for recess tomorrow.

There's just something about rain that affects a person's psyche. You know what I mean - that feeling you get when you look outside and see a gray sky and a downpour. Now imagine you're 11 years old.

We have no windows in my room, but we can definitely hear when it's raining. Whenever it rains, my students flip out. They suddenly can't sit still, can't keep quiet and can't stay on task. All this makes me go crazy too, which means my classroom is just one big nuthouse.

Life is not so bad though. Today I bought an EZtag so that I can take the tollroad to school, saving me 900 hours of driving a month!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello. My name is Kelli Lehman. I met your county agent from Georgia last week at a conference. She just raved about you. I would like to meet with you sometime about getting a 4-H club / leadership program going in your calss and or school. We were in the Alief ISD in the past and feel like we have had a good working realtionship.

Let me know if you get this and when we might could meet.

Looking forward to hearing from you.


Kelli Lehman
CEA - UYD
Texas Cooperative Extension - Harris County
3033 Bear Creek Drive
Houston, Texas 77084
281-855-5621
281-855-5638 fax
KLehman@ag.tamu.edu