Monday, September 25, 2006

Where Am I?

Seriously... today I just can't figure it out.

All of a sudden this weekend, the autumn came. It feels amazing in Houston right now. I don't think this fall weather is normal, but I hope it's here to stay. This weekend it got down to 65 at night. On the drive home this afternoon, I rolled both windows down (yes, they rolled back up) because it felt so nice. We've opened the windows in the house - this breeze is great! It reminds me of the weather at home this time of year - can't wait to make it back home for Homecoming and then Thanksgiving.

After school, I went to the Galleria (country's third largest mall) to buy my iPod. I'm hooked - where has this little masterpiece been my whole life?

Actually, it was the mall that adds to tonight's theme. I hadn't realized it, but I hadn't been in a mall in a LONG time. I couldn't get over how much money I was surrounded by. It doesn't help that this mall is in the ritziest part of Houston. Even the parking deck looked expensive. Mercedes and Jaguars are not parked in cheap decks.

It hit me how little money I'm surrounded by at work everyday. The population I work with has little of it, and what they have is not spend on items meant to show it off to others.

I just couldn't help but feel in a foreign place... and then I bought my iPod.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yea!!! Mattie bought an iPod! You just want to be rich and fratty. Now go get in your black Jeep and drive to class wearing your rainbows and popped collar.

Anonymous said...

Hahaha! Whoever wrote that beat me to the punch! Props to anonymous!