Monday, September 04, 2006

A Good Day and Even Better Weekend

After a day that was completely crazy, my week ended pretty fair. Despite the fact that there was a strep-throat scare momentarily; I had to run the show on Friday, operating three classrooms, since two of them had subs that had no idea what was going on; and that as I'm grading our weekly quizzes this weekend, my kids are not performing as well as I'd have hoped... despite all that, I had no major discipline problems on Friday, which is much-welcomed after the past 13 days. Small victories.

I've tried to balance work and rest this weekend. Friday after work, my roommates and I met up with some other TFA teachers and enjoyed dinner and drinks and a chance to catch up with everyone. Saturday, I went to the beach with a few friends, but made sure I was back in time to catch the GA Tech/Notre Dame kickoff. Being in Texas doesn't make it convenient to catch the Georgia game on TV, or the radio for that matter. Thankfully, ESPN.com has live updates.

Sunday and Monday I've reserved as my work days. I have to take care of all that domestic stuff (laundry, cleaning the kitchen, etc.), as well as grade about 5,000 assignments so that my progress reports will be ready to go out Wednesday.

No comments: